spiritual motion

Welcome... to a place to find poems, songs and hymns, prayers, ideas, thinking out loud, questions, and more. The spirit moves us to act and grow. Life on the edge is good! Stepping off the edge is..flying! ..... MAKE POVERTY HISTORY ....

Friday, June 15, 2007

Friday's Five

1. Fiction what kind, detective novels, historical stuff, thrillers, romance????
It used to be Nancy Drew. I read Mary Higgins Clark too many too fast and am still avoiding her thrillers...they were all too real. I do need to catch up on my series, "The Cat Who..." books by Lillian Jackson Braun. I have several to read now...but they're more the spiritual growth type.

2. When you get a really good book do you read it all in one chunk or savour it slowly?
If it's a really good one I read it as much as I can until I get near the end then, I don't want to finish it. I don't want it to be 'over'.

3. Is there a book you keep returning to and why?
I have several I do that with. It's because they offer some 'truths' about living life, that I sometimes need to be reminded about, or found fascinating and so wish to re-read just to savour it again.

4. Apart from the Bible which non-fiction book has influenced you the most?
I hate to come down on any one book, I seem to glean what I can from many, but some I can read and their influence hits at different levels...as I need them, I suppose. I do know that each book in some way, or many ways, changes my outlook on life. That means my living it and my faith. Some contain things I'd rather not know...like Jimmy Carter's book about the changing morals of, well, any country though he was speaking about the United States. To me our humanity is severely lacking love and therefore, God. God hasn't left, God stirs up things so we will change into what we are meant to be.

5. Describe a perfect place to read. ( could be anywhere!!!)
By a lake, cool breeze, shaded by a tree, in a hammock, with a cool drink and munchies...quietness to be included..when possible. If I fall asleep, I needed to, and that's okay.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:40 a.m., Blogger Sally said…

    Hammocks feature a lot- I like the idea of drinks and nibbles- great play!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home