spiritual motion

Welcome... to a place to find poems, songs and hymns, prayers, ideas, thinking out loud, questions, and more. The spirit moves us to act and grow. Life on the edge is good! Stepping off the edge is..flying! ..... MAKE POVERTY HISTORY ....

Friday, June 01, 2007

Friday's Five



1. Think back to the time you left High School, what were your hopes visions and dreams for your life/ for the world?

The Cuban crisis had just passed and the world was an iffy place to be in. I wanted to be a teacher, and/or work in the church.


2. Have those hopes visions and dreams changed a lot, or are some of them still alive and kicking? (share one if you can)

Both came true. Now I'm in church more than ever. After being forced off my road, I'm back into it more alive. No, the forcing off the road was not a good thing, but one eventually heals and realizes it's not about you, but about society and now we are much more conscious.


3. Hebrews 11:1 " Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. " Comforting, challenging or frustrating?

I believe all of these are true at certain times. Faith has been the comforter, but also has challenged me to go on and be frustrated by those not able/willing to 'hear', or, 'see'. That means action is slow in coming. Patience that people will ccatch up. At the same time...I, too, have much more to learn. Always!!!


4. If resources were unlimited, and you had free reign to pursue a vision what would it be?

Wow! That is hard to imagine. To own a car again and be able to go the things I'd like to and take people to them too. Spirtual growth events, silent retreats, etc. I also would dearly love to travel to England to visit my uncle and other friends there. Scotland and Ireland too...they're all part of my heritage. Germany and Spain are in there too. I'm 3rd generation Canadian...but a mongrel nevertheless.


5. Finally with summer upon us- and not to make this too heavy- share your dream holiday....where, when and who with...

Since I cannot see the above happening, I could see this...a cottage/camp by a lake; campfires; singing; roasting marshmallows, hot dogs; reading; walking in the woods; writing - for these would inspire me to no end. Rest. Re-creation of body, mind, soul. Actually a Sabbath! Sabbath was made for us, so whatever way you, or I, take time to just Be, is Sabbath. It means to rest. If God needed to rest and Jesus took time off by himself, to wrestle with the demons he had, and to forge out how to meet and teach the people around him, we have every right ,and need, to do the same.

May we be all blessed by own own Sabbath this summer!


In The Spaces

Trees stand erect, branches uplifted,
Looking up, I see light beams walking.
Can you not see their rays descending?
Drifting down they set my soul rocking.

Beams of sunshine flowing in the spaces
Of branch and leaf, shed freely their light
On all beneath the skies; on land, on sea;
In all the created of earth, there is sight.

If spaces were not so, where would we be?
How could light reach us, without any air?
How would we travel from place to place?
Do we hear if sound is a constant blare?

How in our minds do new thoughts arise?
Closed we do not allow for growth, or ease.
Tight bodies just brace for fight, and fear,
To run, or stop, offers no room to appease.

Spaces in the notes allow music to exist,
Spaces in words are discourse and books.
Spaces in thinking, honour new thoughts,
Spaces for rocks, I can sit beside brooks.

God dwells in our spaces where freedom is,
Thrives as we lose our fear to open up wide.
As God enters the spaces re-creation begins,
Energies seek ideas we can walk along side.

Allow for spaces to continue your seeking,
Spaces to grow, heal, watch nature’s face.
God has provided space within our souls,
For transformation from grace unto grace.

Free Flying Spirit © May . 2007

9 Comments:

  • At 8:00 a.m., Blogger Sally said…

    peace and sabbath blessings be with you, if you do make it to the UK look me up- I can provide meals, beds etc :-)

    thanks for playing

     
  • At 8:35 a.m., Blogger Cathy said…

    Great play on this! I, too, would love to visit England where my roots are. Maybe one day.

    Thanks for the anniversary wishes!

     
  • At 9:13 a.m., Blogger Terri said…

    Sabbath time. yes. sigh. I had a spiritual director once who use to pray that we could hear the Spirit speaking in the spaces between our words....

     
  • At 9:35 a.m., Blogger Deb said…

    OOOhhhh... I'll come roast marshmellows with you. Or you can visit my dream of a retreat center... :)

    d

     
  • At 9:39 a.m., Blogger Deb said…

    BTW
    The "spaces" reminder was timely and important for me... thanks..
    d

     
  • At 10:32 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great answer on #5!

     
  • At 2:23 p.m., Blogger Rhiannon said…

    Great play. Did you have to duck and cover under the desks?

     
  • At 4:07 p.m., Blogger Free Flying Spirit said…

    No, they were bringing in blankets and canned food and water. Sent flyers home about which siren we could get home, which told us to stay put! Scary business!

    Low flying bombers..ours..flew over a football game and stopped it cold..the ball hit the turf and the public school kids watching pretended they were shot and fell as 'dead'. Everyone deals with things like this in their own way.

    I felt sorry for the children and wondered who was helping them understand...who could anyway. They were frightened.

     
  • At 4:15 p.m., Blogger Diane M. Roth said…

    I love your sense of simplicity... campfires, hot dogs...great! and rest...we all need it

     

Post a Comment

<< Home