spiritual motion

Welcome... to a place to find poems, songs and hymns, prayers, ideas, thinking out loud, questions, and more. The spirit moves us to act and grow. Life on the edge is good! Stepping off the edge is..flying! ..... MAKE POVERTY HISTORY ....

Friday, March 23, 2007

Friday's Five


For this Friday Five, name five practices, activities, people or _____ (feel free to fill in something I may be forgetting) that for you are rivers in the desert.

Rivers in my deserts...I have more than one of those... deserts, I mean... and they vary in size to cross, or wade , through... but, I also have rivers. They also vary in what, or whom they are and I am grateful for them all!

1. God, is the first and main River. So, since God works in many ways the rivers have always been connected to the Spirit. The other four are only four ways the spirit brings the rivers to be in my deserts. I meet God in prayer for this, or a reading, I sing an unknown song that comes within. It may be a lament, or a joyful singing.


2. There are tapes I watch to receive again the strength I may given up to another, rather than kept it to deal with whatever is happening. Or just bring a balm that helps healing. Perhaps the people on them have voices that calm, but also teach again....God is alive, present, active!

3. People are often present in some form if they are at a distance...I can call them. At home I can meet and have 'coffee'...I rarely drink it unless it's decaf. I can email them too.

4. I write! What the spirit presents, but of course, within my scope of my filters...i.e. experiences in life and living. We all have filters which everything that happens within our five senses are filtered through. It can't be helped that's what and who we are. And that's okay!


5. I walk! Anywhere will do, and with a friend is even better. We can walk silently, or engage in other things to chat about. There is always the option of heart pourings as well.


I just wrote this poem.....about a "walking guest"... maybe it was for this Friday's Five???? ....




Walking Guest

I see dancing shadows as we walk,
The twigs snapping having broken.
The path is worn, pebbles smooth,
In our own space no words spoken.

Sunlight peeking through branches,
Our eyes blinded suddenly, blink.
We go on unknowing, but smile,
We walk on absorbed in our think.

Suddenly I feel someone is there,
Another’s steps fall into place.
It seems we’re no longer alone,
Uninvited arrival in our space.

Dare I look to see what stranger
Has come into the path with us?
I look and there he is, this one,
With steps firmly down, no fuss.

Has he walked beside our thoughts
Without us sensing his presence?
He knows us and somehow we are
Caught in his transparent essence.

I sense I know him, my bones quiver,
His eyes see straight into my heart.
Seeing all the agony of living so full,
Wonder of wonders, he takes my part.

I look to the friend I walked with,
Turning, I see that no one is there.
Quivering turns into shear alarm,
Then softly arms enfold me in care.

I see clearly now, this IS my friend,
It was he who was my walking guest.
When my heart saw who he truly was,
He had transformed it all into best.

This friend who walks only as guest,
Is the constant companion all giving.
Needs only to know you are seeking
To walk visibly within all your living.

Spirit can walk only as you will allow,
So welcome Spirit’s enfolding embrace.
Greet eagerly this walking guest daily,
Know you’re walking in spiritual grace.

Cc Free Flying Spirit. 03. 21. 07.




5 Comments:

  • At 10:24 a.m., Blogger Unknown said…

    Lovely. Thanks for sharing your poem.

     
  • At 12:15 p.m., Blogger Sally said…

    thank you for the poem- truly beautiful

     
  • At 2:04 p.m., Blogger Unknown said…

    What a great play, starting with God first and reminding us that the others are ways to receive God's grace.

    And what a wonderful poem to go with this.

     
  • At 4:14 p.m., Blogger revhipchick said…

    wonderful poem! absolutely beautiful! thank you for sharing!

     
  • At 7:33 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I enjoyed your poem--thanks for sharing it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home