Friday's Fivers
As we take the beginning steps of our journey through Lent,
who would we take as a companion?
Name five people, real or imaginary, you might like to have with you
as guide or guardian or simply good friend.
I'd like to have these people: .... I believe I already do ....
1. A friend who's gone now but who gently offered her guidance to many girls and women. I was asked to read Scripture at her memorial service. At first when her Anglican Priest asked me I said 'no'. Then I heard her voice saying gently 'go on, do it'. I called back and told him I would. Later when I asked how come I was asked, I was told she had asked that I read. Humbled, but strengthened by her faith in my 'coming back' abilities, I was so glad I did it. That precipitated many real changes.
2. A friend who does walk beside me occasionally...in person, but always in spirit.
3. A new friend who has been an 'angel'... after all angels are messengers, right! We share some common things, but are different in other ways.
4. My old friend, who when we meet, simply pick up where we left off, as if there'd been no spaces in our journey. Actually, I have three that I rarely see in person, but....!
5. Spirit, God, Ground of all Being, Creator, Lover, who walks without spaces...unless I request, or choose them. This Lover walks as no other, yet is within all the others...I must include myself in the 'walking beside'.
After all, if one cannot love one's self enough to keep yourself company, it would be a hard life. God can bring me to befriend me and the walk will become truthful. If we are 'to love others as ourselves', especially in this Lenten Journey, we must love ourselves, in order for that to happen.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home