spiritual motion

Welcome... to a place to find poems, songs and hymns, prayers, ideas, thinking out loud, questions, and more. The spirit moves us to act and grow. Life on the edge is good! Stepping off the edge is..flying! ..... MAKE POVERTY HISTORY ....

Friday, February 02, 2007

FIDAY'S FIVERS

Change is a given in life, yet it's not easy for any of us.


1. Share, if you wish, the biggest change you experienced this past year.

I have never lost so many people in one year before. Through moving, but also through death. One a sudden car accident..high school friend; but the worst my mother after an illness she managed to get through many times before. She made it clear even with Alzheimer's that she had decided it was time for het to leave. She'd had enough....she refused to eat. In love we had to let her go...we didn't live in her body and mind...she had the right to choose. It's part of the life cycle and love is never lost.


2. Talk about a time you changed your mind about something, important or not.

Sometimes a change in my mind comes about quickly and at times I need to get more facts...then I see how obvious it had been all along and wonder why I hadn't seen it sooner. I have taken the route of figuring that out and always learn from it. It makes the next change an easier go.


3. Bishop John Shelby Spong wrote a controversial book called "Why Christianity Must Change or Die." Setting aside his ideas--what kind of changes would you like to see in the Church?

I like his books and web site, but we're a ways off yet. I'd really like to see people, me included, worshipping in all aspects of their living...it's an action as well as being more 'formal' where we are 'fed' and nurtured. I also think we need to be off worshipping the book called the Bible. Men wrote it and worked it through often to their own gain....but the Truth is in there too. Love is not wishy washy, as we discover daily, but it doesn't use force either. Our lives are an example and our messages often contradict each other...as they do in the Bible.

I can hardly believe any book indicated as Holy, or not, can, or will, ever contain the fullness of our God. We don't have the language to do much more than elude to who our loving Creator is.

We need to be very careful in how we present it as well. Many use it as a 'weapon' to put down children, women, and others. That would not be God doing that....that is our doing. My God would never use people, never be violent, or honour it in any way. We are often insecure but, God works through us mostly. Prophets are out there..especially for the environment, right now, telling us.

They didn't listen to prophets back in the Testament days either, did they? Prayer won't be enough we have to clean up our act....God will guide, but we have to do the work.

Needless to say..this could go on for a long time, so I'll stop here. But go for action folks time is running out.
Love is what it's all about!

4. Have you changed your hairstyle/hair color in the last five years? If so, how many times?

It's cut shorter. I have it cut more often to keep that look. I have a fair bit, but it's very fine...can't even be styled. So, I found a volumizing shampoo, use my curling iron...with mousse. Other wise it would like it is....naturally straight!


5. What WERE they thinking with that New Coke thing?

Trying to make money! I don't drink it anyway. I don't go for the caffeine and It scares me to think are children are already hooked on caffeine...it bleaches calcium out of our bones and other places it's needed. A man in our church died from internal bleeding. Drinking coke all the time...I mean all the time, and not eating well.

When I was in public school (40's & 50's) we put a human tooth in a glass of coke ... on Monday and ... by Friday it had dissolved!

Anyone for a Coke?



.... Wonderings ....
How much do we really love ourselves?
I believe that the only other constant, besides God, is change!

5 Comments:

  • At 3:35 p.m., Blogger Unknown said…

    About #3--Preach it!

     
  • At 3:49 p.m., Blogger j said…

    Thanks for posting!

     
  • At 4:25 p.m., Blogger Sally said…

    thanks for this 3- was challenging- and so sorry about the loss of friends and esp. your mother.

    Peace and blessings

    Sally
    x

     
  • At 11:26 p.m., Blogger Scott said…

    Luther always described the Bible as "the cradle in which the Christ child is laid." That is, we can't trust a book, but we can trust the One about whom the book is written.

    Loved your thoughts on worship in all areas of life - develop this more!

     
  • At 4:13 p.m., Blogger Free Flying Spirit said…

    Thank you all!

    Rev. Scott I will quote that from Luther. We're studying Marcus Borg's latest book: "Jesus".
    That's a good way of looking at it.

    Kind of like...

    A book contains the 'about'. But, a book cannot contain the whole of the 'about'...whereas, the 'about' in the book can & does contain all of the book, plus all else.

    I'll put my trust in the 'about' above the book...even though the book has glimpses of the 'about' that will really help me.

    The 'about' already contains me too while I work on containing more of the 'about'. We get more full of each other this way. Exciting things show up and when I'm tired, the 'about'..the One, who contains me, also sustains me.

    My, oh my, I didn't expect all this...but I do like to play out ideas and words sometimes.

    Actually, it does sort of make sense....doesn't it???

     

Post a Comment

<< Home