spiritual motion

Welcome... to a place to find poems, songs and hymns, prayers, ideas, thinking out loud, questions, and more. The spirit moves us to act and grow. Life on the edge is good! Stepping off the edge is..flying! ..... MAKE POVERTY HISTORY ....

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Calling Forth

I heard again the voice that calls me forth to follow,
It calmly speaks, it always does, honouring my choice.
Its power comes from love, not force, for I am free.
It beckons again; so, I speak my life to the quiet voice.


Its calm soothes, so why am I so stirred, in my inner being?
How do I choose each time to follow this bittersweet way?
To follow means for certain I claim the Rising is real,
Dare I live with my own rising within, as I begin each day?

The choice to follow could bring hurt, grief, and hardship,
But can I deny the choice that offers life beyond measure?
Whenever I see that something must change to develop,
I must trust this friend, this quiet voice I now treasure.

We are risen in God’s Rising, in our working for justice,
In our prayerful actions to treat one another with respect,
For all peoples and creatures on the planet are God’s own.
When we honour the Rising in our living, it is God we reflect.

The Rising is in our midst, within, and without, calling us forth to become.
Dare to take it up, the rising in you, it’s living, breathing deep in your soul.
Seeing through the Risen the crying need for food, protection, for freedom.
Living the Rising’s way of bittersweet choices, we go forth to become whole.



Cc Free Flying Spirit. January. 2007.




1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home