spiritual motion

Welcome... to a place to find poems, songs and hymns, prayers, ideas, thinking out loud, questions, and more. The spirit moves us to act and grow. Life on the edge is good! Stepping off the edge is..flying! ..... MAKE POVERTY HISTORY ....

Friday, December 29, 2006

Friday's Five: Last one this year...

Tell us all about:

1) a dream you remember from childhood:
Wow! Dreams that I remember are few, but one was to be
a skater...to fly on the ice. My mother made little skirts lined
and all, but lessons were too expensive.

2) a recurring or significant dream:
Recurring ones were not so positive.

3) a nightmare:
One was about the "learning curve" where a teacher turned into a tiger.
I was in a car and she turned into one, I woke in a cold sweat with
the tiger's claws sinking in my back. I did speak with the vice-principal,
as I was in residence. It meant someone came to school and no matter
how 'well' they did, that one didn't have a chance. It bothered me terribly
that someone would be so victimized. I still don't believe it is fair!

Perhaps because I got burned by it in Grade 8. For the very first time
I got a perfect score on a history test, but there were too many 'A's.
It was decided that since my last name was near the end of the alphabet
they marked me down to a 'B'. I felt angry, but more that my work didn't matter.
So, years later when it came up again...the nightmare said it all.


4) a favorite daydream:
To have the resources to travel to England to visit my uncle, and friends there.
But even to take a silent retreat..here, would be nice.

5) a dream for the New Year:
That every human alive be counted by everyone else alive, and treated as a created work of art by the Creating God who loves us all.. Period. No questions asked. Unless we ourselves know we are,
we can't accept that others are too.

This not only my dream, but my Prayer as well.

Ahhh! I guess we have work to do...!




HAPPY NEW YEAR!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:50 p.m., Blogger Unknown said…

    Well said, and yes we do have a lot of work to do.

    How wrong that you were treated so unfairly, and it left the scar.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home