spiritual motion

Welcome... to a place to find poems, songs and hymns, prayers, ideas, thinking out loud, questions, and more. The spirit moves us to act and grow. Life on the edge is good! Stepping off the edge is..flying! ..... MAKE POVERTY HISTORY ....

Friday, August 01, 2008

FRIDAY FIVE



1) How do you amuse yourself when road construction blocks your travel?


Chat, or if folks are hot, get out of the car and talk to people. If it seems like faster go, just sit and wait. Listen to music, or sometimes I can meditate. I find being upset by it only aggravates the whole thing and takes up too much energy. This is one of the things that we can do nothing about....so being easy, or calm, keeps it in perspective.



2) Have you ever locked yourself out of your house? (And do you keep an extra key somewhere, just in case?)

I sure have...it seems it may be easier to forget keys in apartment living...then I phone the Supers from the Lobby and meet them on my floor. They are very good about that. And, yes, someone has extra keys, but lives elsewhere. Being in an apartment building eases getting in, but in emergencies it's best to have someone off the site with an extra set.



3) Have you ever cleared a hurdle? (And if you haven't flown over a material hurdle, feel free to take this one metaphorically.)

I bet everyone can speak to this one in some way. I have cleared many hurdles and some have been material in nature. But, this is not very often, thankfully. I try to keep things in order and make provisions for what lies ahead. If something looms up suddenly, I ask for help, guidance, from friends, or other experts in whatever field is related to it.


Again letting go needs to be a part of it, or it can 'eat you up".



4) What's your approach to a mental block?

Prayer, but also looking at what might be the block. I may need to sleep, or get away, or just go out and do something away from where the 'block' seemed to enter. Often, doing something entirely different helps. Of course, each mental block, shows up for a reason. Accepting it for what it is releases some of the angst. Relaxing makes it shorter. The more you fight it, the stronger the block seems to get.



5) Suggest a caption for the picture above; there will be a prize for the funniest answer!
I'm sure if 'funny' applies here, but ...they reminded me of gingerbread men. So, here goes....

One Gingerbread Guard whispers to another:
"If they had really over-done us the other day,
We'd look so bad, they'd know that to pass us
Might end in a call to take out, or, even lay away."





1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home