Friday's Five
1. What is the thermometer reading at your house this morning?
.... - 18 C
2. Snow—love it or hate it?
....depends. I love to watch the huge wet flakes glide down slowly, but storms aren't my favourite. The dangers are great for all sorts of accidents: cars, trucks, falls, shoveling..... but winter scenery is holy. As usual diversity keeps us alert to dangers, but also to wonder!
3. What is winter like where you are?
....snow, snow, snow. Ice, wind....hockey, skating, skiing....snowmen, snowballs.....angels!
4. Do you like winter sports? Any good stories?
....skating and watching it. Watch out for bits of paper on the ice, I stopped so suddenly as a child by one of these and flew head first into the picks on another girls skate...messy and still have the scar under my chin.
5. What is your favorite season, and why?
....I like all the seasons, but my fave is spring-ing into summer, then Fall's coolness and colours. (I guess you'll have to figure that one out....I am too.
Bonus: Share a favorite winter pick-me-up. A recipe, an activity, or whatever.
....A comfort food....my father sometimes ate this because that's all they had. It's been a comfort food on cold day, or night: Soda Biscuit Broth....soda crackers, a bit of butter, bits of green onion, salt/pepper to taste. Cover ..just..with boiling water, no mixing. Put a plate over it and let stand until all is soft and then add milk to taste and to cool. Stir a bit and enjoy!
Hmmm! A warm comforting tasty broth.

5 Comments:
At 5:30 p.m.,
Sally said…
mmm I love the sound of that broth- is that a family recipe?
Great play.
At 6:02 p.m.,
Processing Counselor said…
I'll have to try the broth.
At 7:14 p.m.,
RevAnne said…
For my mother it was old fashioned milk toast...
At 7:55 p.m.,
Unknown said…
It sounds *very* comforting.
At 1:44 p.m.,
Free Flying Spirit said…
Yes, Sally, it's a family recipe. I'm not sure my brothers use it much, but I have taken it on as a comfort, cold weather food...and if I'm not feeling good.
Post a Comment
<< Home