spiritual motion

Welcome... to a place to find poems, songs and hymns, prayers, ideas, thinking out loud, questions, and more. The spirit moves us to act and grow. Life on the edge is good! Stepping off the edge is..flying! ..... MAKE POVERTY HISTORY ....

Friday, January 11, 2008

Friday's Five



1. When is your birthday? Does anyone else (famous and/or in your own life) share it?
...My birthday is early July and it is a 'Rite of Passage' one...65 years alive. But I don't feeel that age in my middle!!!

2. Do you prefer a big party or an intimate celebration for the chosen few?
...It depends on the birthday it is. A group of friends is fine, sometimes we've done different things, and there are times a larger party is great fun too.

3. Describe your most memorable birthday(s)--good, bad, or both.
...My 50th we had a party at the church and my parents came up and a brother came down. A pot luck made it easier for us and cards only. Instead of gifts I asked my friends to bring food for the food bank. Black..'over the hill' balloons hung laughing at us foolish ones.

4. What is your favorite cake and ice cream? (Bonus points if you share the cake recipe). Or would you rather have a different treat altogether?
...I don't often have a home-made cake now, but I love chocolate cake with a cooked orange filling and orange butter icing...or maybe a 7 minute frosting. Hmmm!

5. Surprise parties: love 'em or hate 'em?
Never had one, it would be fun... but have done them. Did one for my parents 25th anniversary.

Bonus: Describe your ideal birthday--the sky's the limit.
...Having a birthday with far away friends ....and those near by. Abundance of love, food for everyone. ...children of all ages welcome!





3 Comments:

  • At 6:45 p.m., Blogger Dr. Laura Marie Grimes said…

    That chocolate orange cake sounds wonderful....

     
  • At 7:53 p.m., Blogger Jan said…

    I like having someone else remembering their 50th birthday! (as I did) It's nice that your parents could be there, too.

     
  • At 8:05 p.m., Blogger Cathy said…

    Oh the sound of the cake with the orange filling... sounds heavenly. yummmm!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home