1.Have you experienced God's faithfulness at a difficult time? Tell as much or as little as you like...
Yes! Most certainly, but I often didn't recognize it at first. In the depth of things there has been a hovering about me that has entered the depth. But, it only comes when I let it come in. The gentle knocking is always there. Once I am aware, she comes in and a balance seems to return. It may take hours, or an few minutes...maybe days. To me this is God's faithfulness: the offering of spirit through a friend, a call, a reading, prayer, silence is a good way to keep centered. The Spirit knows how to reach, into your need, but it is our choice to allow entry...or not.
2. Have you experienced a dark night of the soul, if so what brought you through?
Tears at times relieve pressure built up. Sometimes getting out and walking, or simply doing anything to re-engage my mind and spirit helps. Most times even after these things music and quiet soften things. Anger if there is any, sometimes it's beyond anger, but it is before the tears. I know if I just sit, or don't deal with it...it will come out later in not good ways. ..most often in myself and that is not a good sign. It means I go to a person I can talk with, or write, or DO something. God is attentive but lets me do it mostly...after all we choose. God never forces but the 'still small voice' never gives up either.
3. Share a Bible verse, song, poem that has brought you comfort?In Toronto when I went there to have knee surgery, so many things happened and I kept singing the hymn in 'Voices United' where each verse ends with: "We belong to God" I didn't belong where I was, but grounded myself in the knowing I belonged to Love...God! Once I was able to get to the chapel, I knew I'd make it home...somehow. I did!
4. Is "why suffering" a valid question?
It's valid because it's all over the place and everyone wants to know why. Somethimes it's 'why me?', or 'why them?', or 'why so young?', or 'why at all?' I came to ask the question: 'Why not me?' I can only ask that one for myself, not for another.
It's too bad so many blame others and certainly God is blamed for a lot of suffering. God is not to blame....all was created and God saw it all good! That means us too. Born with Original Blessing! Many writings in the Bible lay claims on God's anger that would curl your hair. I have no belief in, or need for that belief in God. We now 'see' clearer and what Jesus taught was 'God is Love!" The OT Prophets said the same....The NT "there is no fear in love.." But still afraid fear is how we seem to be bringing up children, and it carries no love...we know the rest. It causes suffering within, and it is translated to actions outside us.
I am not afraid of God... but, I am in awe, and totally amazed by this wondrous world created for us and it's marvelous variety of people...God's children....including me. God's plan did not include suffering...that's my belief...something went off track once we became aware of the fact we could reason and change things to our way of things (the Fall). We have choices: clean your teeth, or have cavities...natural consequences; greed makes war...man-made consequence. There is a difference.
The question needs to be addressed because it is reality. I don't see God taking sides...God wants us to be loving and caring for every human alive and the earth and all creatures. God is not where judgement comes in..we judge ourselves by our own actions. Our jails are full because of unsafe homes; not enough good Day Care; food unshared; greedy banking practices; ghettos; Religion's saying they are It; Governments not caring except for those who'll give them power; corporations greed need. You get the idea. We cause this imbalance. God has shown us how to re-balance it all. Love! I guess it is what we are about...right?!!!
5. And on a lighter note- you have reached the end of a dark and difficult time- how are you going to celebrate?
A song, a light step, invite somone(s) over, call a friend, go for a walk, or out...no one need know much about it necessarily...but BEFORE any of that...a word of thanks to the Spirit of love and her helping angels. I bet the Spirit will be celebrating too. I believe God wishes for all his Creation and the Created...all good, all love.
Bonus- anything you wish to add....
I was at a conference and one of the youngest speakers told us...and actually it was one of the main messages ...Get rid of the fear! We are made for love!

1 Comments:
At 7:20 p.m.,
Sally said…
wow, thank you for such a thoughtful play, esp your answer to #4.
Post a Comment
<< Home