Friday's Five
1. Share a highlight from this summer.
At a Conference we had a sunset cruise...it was perfection! Hardly a cloud until the sun slipped into the lake, so pictures would have a bit of contrast. The wisp of cloud lingered just long enough for interesting snaps. I caught the sun before then from inside and with the window open but the frame on an angle. I captured the sun peeking...it was very bright...out one side at the top and at the bottom, the sunlight rippling on the lake on the other side of the window frame. Breath taking!
But....I haven't had them developed yet and am having a hard time waiting for the camera..obviously not digital..to get filled up so I can get them back.......ayyy! There's the rub!
2. Are you glad to see this summer end? Why or why not?
No! I haven't really had a rest...I learned much, had much confirmed, but no time to lay back in a cool place and be quiet and peaceful. Well, a couple of hours at some friends in their back yard....not enough to get a body sabbath.
3. Name one or two things you're looking forward to this fall.
Some new things are in the offing and it's always exciting to 'see what's going to happen' next...!
I see the fall much like reading a new book. There are some things in place, some markers to go by, but I know there will be changing forces in my life too. I have hopes of growing, learning, participating in new things.... for example I have looked into Reiki, read a couple of gooood books. Being open to what may come my way...the Spirit is always in motion.
4. Do you have any special preparations or activities to mark the transition from one season to another? (Cleaning of house, putting away summer clothes, one last trip to the beach)
Getting outside as much as possible and preparations for meetings coming up and fun activities.
5. I'll know that fall is really here when
When leaves start to fall...and they have! When I feel I'd like summer to start again. I'm now ready for it...When I know I need to get some things in place - besides clothes, etc.
When the days are shorter...saaad that one. When I start to think I must gather things for our Fall Fair....in October.
These are a few things...but the leaves are getting bright and colourful and that's a help to move form one season to another. God seems to have some signals that we look forward to to help us ease into our changes. Yep! God provides!

1 Comments:
At 7:06 a.m.,
Sally said…
love that thought about God easing us through changes... well played!
Post a Comment
<< Home