spiritual motion

Welcome... to a place to find poems, songs and hymns, prayers, ideas, thinking out loud, questions, and more. The spirit moves us to act and grow. Life on the edge is good! Stepping off the edge is..flying! ..... MAKE POVERTY HISTORY ....

Friday, September 14, 2007

Friday's Five



1. What's your view of meetings? Choose one or more, or make up your own:

a) When they're good, they're good. I love the feeling of people working well together on a common goal. Truth, well spoken!

b) I don't seek them out, but I recognize them as a necessary part of life.
Amen!

c) The only good meeting is a canceled meeting.
When Exhausted..true again!

2. Do you like some amount of community building or conversation, or are you all business?
At the beginning of the year, or if there are new people present, community building, or some way to to welcome and get to know folks is a good thing. People work together easier and are more productive if this happens.

3. How do you feel about leading meetings? Share any particular strengths or weaknesses you have in this area.
Only if necessary. The people need to be doing this. I can present something, or be there for information, ideas, or to provide suggestions as to the 'how'. Sometimes inviting theological reflection on a matter provides a foundation for doing something, or perhaps not doing something.

4. Have you ever participated in a virtual meeting? (conference call, IM, chat, etc.) What do you think of this format?
Not really, though I will be soon. I'll know more after that.

5. Share a story of a memorable meeting you attended.
Some you wouldn't need to know, or want to. But, a good meeting was when sharing and honesty were at the fore and everyone was able to leave feeling some relief and some knowledge that we had done what we had been asked to do. It became a positive tool and example for the rest of our work together. When that happened people weren't so hesitant about coming to meetings.




1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home