This is a strange world. Even the word itself is that. It can mean: extraordinary; alien; foreign; remote; surprise; or even fantastic. And it is all of the above, depending, of course, on what you're talking about, looking at, or experiencing at any given moment.
Guns are strange: we humans make them, use them, have them available..somewhere, but they are for one purpose...are they not? To kill! Of course, maybe to protect from being killed? How?....well to shoot the other guy, of course.
I could name any number of things that humans make to hurt and kill others. Could it be that WE are the strange ones?
Do we really love ourselves? ... When we speed? When we scream at loved ones? Insist on our own way? I do have to wonder about how odd we are at times.
Then again when we laugh when we really don't feel like it, with another, or ourselves ...that's love!
When we give when we don't have enough (like the widow) ...that's love!
When we hug a child, any child, in distress ...that's love!
Even these few things would be called 'strange' by some people. For most of us it would be strange not to do these things.
The big question I have is this, "Who are the "they" in our Society that make up rules that we bow so easily to? "
So many of these rules seem to take the Gospel of love out of our being with each other. I'd like to see these people up front and centre. Who are they? Where are they? Why do I let them control me? Is it fear? There's no love in fear according to 1 John 4.
We are to be different, are we not? I know we are the hands, feet, voice, arms, and eyes of God. That's what ministry is all about!
I will settle for that and if that is counted as 'strange' ... so be it!
Blessings,
Free Flying Spirit
Guns are strange: we humans make them, use them, have them available..somewhere, but they are for one purpose...are they not? To kill! Of course, maybe to protect from being killed? How?....well to shoot the other guy, of course.
I could name any number of things that humans make to hurt and kill others. Could it be that WE are the strange ones?
Do we really love ourselves? ... When we speed? When we scream at loved ones? Insist on our own way? I do have to wonder about how odd we are at times.
Then again when we laugh when we really don't feel like it, with another, or ourselves ...that's love!
When we give when we don't have enough (like the widow) ...that's love!
When we hug a child, any child, in distress ...that's love!
Even these few things would be called 'strange' by some people. For most of us it would be strange not to do these things.
The big question I have is this, "Who are the "they" in our Society that make up rules that we bow so easily to? "
So many of these rules seem to take the Gospel of love out of our being with each other. I'd like to see these people up front and centre. Who are they? Where are they? Why do I let them control me? Is it fear? There's no love in fear according to 1 John 4.
We are to be different, are we not? I know we are the hands, feet, voice, arms, and eyes of God. That's what ministry is all about!
I will settle for that and if that is counted as 'strange' ... so be it!
Blessings,
Free Flying Spirit

2 Comments:
At 4:22 p.m.,
Unknown said…
Hi,
Welcome to revgalblogpals and thanks for posting on my blog, St. John's Rev Abi. It really helped me understand some things.
You wrote "The big question I have is this, "Who are the "they" in our Society that make up rules that we bow so easily to? " " If you answer this you answer a big question. But I think we are going by the wrong rules, if you want to call them rules.
Good post.
At 11:32 p.m.,
Free Flying Spirit said…
I agree we are going by the wrong 'rules'. I wonder if there's a better word than rules? I'd like to think so, but what? Attitudes...maybe?
And why are we so bound by them? Love frees; fear binds.
Evil likes to disguise itself as love, Jesus found that out too.
I, too am learning a lot, on your site and others too. I still haven't made it to them all.
Blessings,
Free Flying Spirit
Post a Comment
<< Home