spiritual motion

Welcome... to a place to find poems, songs and hymns, prayers, ideas, thinking out loud, questions, and more. The spirit moves us to act and grow. Life on the edge is good! Stepping off the edge is..flying! ..... MAKE POVERTY HISTORY ....

Sunday, September 03, 2006

I am weary of wars, and rumours of wars, as it is said. We seem to have it in our faces most of the time. They are making more movies about the old wars fought and won. Is it the winning that causes us to focus on war? I can almost feel the men and women who died turning over in their graves if they could see how we are glorifying what they died .... to end! "As you think, so shall you be", from Proverbs comes to mind.

We seem to be preying on humankind, hey! that's US! Did I say seem? We are now the preditors and we are using God as the main excuse. These were some of the thoughts churning in my mind last summer. Then the bombs fell in London and a young man was shot by police .... an innocent man. Fear is not even on the same coin as love, but we use it to control, so it seems unless we can learn to contain our fears for the love of God, we will soon be in more than deep trouble. The shooting of this young man popped the cork off and out it flowed. The result was a poem that makes us, me too, look at what we're about as Christians and what kinds of things we support. The only answer I see is love!

It is titled, "Just Who Am I?" and was published in July's edition of Women's Concerns, which is a United Church of Canada magazine honouring the concerns of all women. If you have questions, or comments, please don't hesitate to ask them, or comment. It is straight-forward, but it was painful in the writing, but a huge relief to have it outside of me ... finally!




Just Who Am I?

Just who am I,
when you think of this world?
Your heart, your soul?
Your action, your speech?


Where do I live in your life?
Am I alive in you?
Do you blame Me for the problems,
for the pain of the world?
For your pain?


Do you think I cause the storms,
the floods, accidents, illness, and death?
Am I the cause of your wars?
Just Who Am I in all this?


I created the universe, the worlds,
each human, and creature, each plant.
I set into motion the whole thing
of weather, each cell that grew into
so many wonderful things.


I continue to create and have asked you
to be the care-takers of all!


You know the results of your desires
for power, money and gain.
These weak desires are destructive!
All I have made is under siege,
being hurt, polluted, changed!


Yet, I still Love you! I still live in you!

My love issues in action for health,
for every human alive.
For food, shelter, and learning,
and tools for a decent life.


To own choice, is to accept all
action, words, thoughts are yours,
Alone!
Even in collective thinking, and law,
when followed, even in fear!


Don’t you see …..

I am bombed by any who drop them!
I am killed by those who claim I am
in favour of their wars.
They use Me, the Creator, who loves all,
As their excuse!


I die with the young man,
shot in haste by police.
I continue to die in the streets
‘round the world.

I am tortured by any who
use the body of another for ill,
or, for pleasure forced, and stolen,
from babes, or women, or men.


I continue to be violated,
by well meaning people who
can’t understand, or won’t,
that violence is never My way!
They must own their choices,
Each affects all!


I die when powers, religious,
or political, abuse others, and
decide not to help end disease.


They see only their nation,
not the world as the home,
I created for all.


The results are so obvious,
they hide their souls, their eyes,
their ears are deaf!
I grieve for all My children,
and I suffer with each!


I never harden hearts!
They do that themselves.


Now, those who claim to follow and love
Me, are the ones who will make
Themselves heard
in spite of fear of the cost!


They do my work,
Speak for those on the margins,
the weak, and outcast, the sick.
They are My voice, My heart,
My Love in action!


Whoever your pathway is to Me,
there’s work to be done.
Come preach, teach, heal, sing.
Stop war and end blame,
those are power games!


Whatever your gifts, come!
If you don’t do it, it won’t get done!


My Love created All!
I want you to live and love, for
Love is My song!

Cc Free Flying Spirit
September 1, 2005


(If you wish to use it, please refer to Women's Concerns Magazine, July, 2006 edition (pages 54 & 55); and the author. Even I have to do that. Thanks!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home