Friday's Five
Five things for which I would put my hand in the fire.... this made me think....
I advocate strongly for Justice with Mercy. Believing that the underlying premise of my faith is that God created us all, and all that exists... and ...loves all of it! Completely! Passionately! Without condition! For all Eternity!
That love invites us, urges us, to get on board for all human-kind and all creatures are sacredly made and holy.
The ground we walk on is Holy Ground. We are called to humbly join hands with this loving Creator to help change ourselves, so we can be partners with God in healing the world.
In that light and walk:
I would my hand in the fire to bring children to peace within themselves and so, to teach non-violent ways of living in the home, school, street, workplace and world...for that to happen.
I would put my hand in the fire to bring about peaceful resolutions and right relations with our First Nations and with any others we have compromised by unfair, unequal planning.
I would put my hand in the fire by signing letters, writing poems, by asking questions, learning more about what needs to changed to save the environment from destruction.
I would put my hand in the fire to see all are fed, clothed, sheltered, had medical attention .... and loved.
I have put my hand in the fire by asking people to pray for all people, without judgement, malice, and with open hearts...for healing for the just and the unjust. For if we don't see God in all of us, we add strings that bind us and them and our lives intertwine at so many levels and purposes, for we are interdependent.
I believe passionately and completely in these things and more ... and have at times taken extraordinary action, as well as… marching, writing letters, spreading information, and the call to act. I live this way. My passion seems to grow as I grow. I see more, and it often hurts. God is at peace, and is peace, so is my stay and calm.
No, it doesn't always work, and I often will never know if it does either, but every bit done in love and respect will last and God will multiply. Trusting that is so, is crucial. I am happy to know the full picture belongs to the Creator, not me.

1 Comments:
At 11:16 p.m.,
Mary Beth said…
I think our hurt grows as our passion grows...and it is a good thing. A grand list. thank you.
Post a Comment
<< Home