Thoughts on a new subliminal message coming to your clothing store:
New sizing for females coming soon ...... Size '0'....yikes!
When I heard about this new sizing for women ( it will slip down to the younger females soon) I had to wonder. I wonder about the fads, the new ways Corporations have devised to make us spend money...so they can make money for the Shareholders. You know this is a Law, that they must make money for the Shareholders. It does not matter who they exploit in doing this. Already other Countries suffer from this type of exploitation and we are also food for fodder.
The new sizing includes a size '0'' .... that's right size zero. Zero, zilch, nothing!
Wow! I figure if I am that size, I am not yet born; or I have gone home to my Creator.
This will cause untold, unheard of thoughts about who on earth we are as women. It seems the male of the species are spared from this weird thinking. It will make money! If we buy into being nothing. What does this say about over half the world's population?
Or will it?
We can buy, or we can choose not to. Doesn't it seem this just buys into the thinking women are an easy catch. Easily swayed. Easily bought. Easily parted from their hard earned cash???? No doubt there may be women in on this too, but there is a way to deal with this... for all of us, and most are there already, so I may be preaching to the converted. Even so, our church families will be on their hit-list to buy into this new way to make money.
But ~
When you know who you are ... and who are we? We are children of the Creator God! We are blessed and full of God's spirit. When you know who you are, you can resist all sorts of outside things.
When we can get people to identify with the loving God who made them ... they know who they are. They can resist the things of this world easier. Jesus said that we are in this world, but not of this world. We have citizenship in the world we will eventually go back to when this life is over.
That makes me a spirit somebody, not a zero.
Now, I must tell you, I would never make a size zero anyway, so I have no worries there, but our children may wonder how they can be a zero. It is the subliminal messages we get that become ingested almost unbeknown to us. They are in ads for children's toys, they are everywhere in ads. We become so accustomed to them we do not notice until someone says, or does something and we wonder where on earth that came from. If you watch television with your children you will find them. Friends will tell them something and they will work on it in their minds until it seems to make some sense.
Talk to people and let them know when/if this does take hold thay need to speak with the children in their lives and find out who they think they are. What they think about themselves.
Children are so very unique and special, they need to know who they belong to ...God, of course. But we all belong to God and God wants us to love and cherish each other. We adults are around to help them, and us, to work how out how we can go about this. Jesus was a great exmple for his day and we follow that and grow even beyond the people of his day. After all we have had over two thousand and six years to develop on the Jesus message. He met folks right where they were and that is what we are about now.
Go for it!
God bless us everyone!
Free Flying Spirit
New sizing for females coming soon ...... Size '0'....yikes!
When I heard about this new sizing for women ( it will slip down to the younger females soon) I had to wonder. I wonder about the fads, the new ways Corporations have devised to make us spend money...so they can make money for the Shareholders. You know this is a Law, that they must make money for the Shareholders. It does not matter who they exploit in doing this. Already other Countries suffer from this type of exploitation and we are also food for fodder.
The new sizing includes a size '0'' .... that's right size zero. Zero, zilch, nothing!
Wow! I figure if I am that size, I am not yet born; or I have gone home to my Creator.
This will cause untold, unheard of thoughts about who on earth we are as women. It seems the male of the species are spared from this weird thinking. It will make money! If we buy into being nothing. What does this say about over half the world's population?
Or will it?
We can buy, or we can choose not to. Doesn't it seem this just buys into the thinking women are an easy catch. Easily swayed. Easily bought. Easily parted from their hard earned cash???? No doubt there may be women in on this too, but there is a way to deal with this... for all of us, and most are there already, so I may be preaching to the converted. Even so, our church families will be on their hit-list to buy into this new way to make money.
But ~
When you know who you are ... and who are we? We are children of the Creator God! We are blessed and full of God's spirit. When you know who you are, you can resist all sorts of outside things.
When we can get people to identify with the loving God who made them ... they know who they are. They can resist the things of this world easier. Jesus said that we are in this world, but not of this world. We have citizenship in the world we will eventually go back to when this life is over.
That makes me a spirit somebody, not a zero.
Now, I must tell you, I would never make a size zero anyway, so I have no worries there, but our children may wonder how they can be a zero. It is the subliminal messages we get that become ingested almost unbeknown to us. They are in ads for children's toys, they are everywhere in ads. We become so accustomed to them we do not notice until someone says, or does something and we wonder where on earth that came from. If you watch television with your children you will find them. Friends will tell them something and they will work on it in their minds until it seems to make some sense.
Talk to people and let them know when/if this does take hold thay need to speak with the children in their lives and find out who they think they are. What they think about themselves.
Children are so very unique and special, they need to know who they belong to ...God, of course. But we all belong to God and God wants us to love and cherish each other. We adults are around to help them, and us, to work how out how we can go about this. Jesus was a great exmple for his day and we follow that and grow even beyond the people of his day. After all we have had over two thousand and six years to develop on the Jesus message. He met folks right where they were and that is what we are about now.
Go for it!
God bless us everyone!
Free Flying Spirit

2 Comments:
At 2:52 p.m.,
Unknown said…
Size 0, and what's that supposed to mean? And how will it effect our ideas of ourselves? Prayers for this younger generation of women that they don't experience the traumas we experienced about ourselves.
You are right that this will affect those who go to our churches.
At 8:46 p.m.,
Free Flying Spirit said…
I spoke of this in the sermon this morning and people looked pretty shocked. We need to get 'loud' about things like this. Mind you it's a symptom, but the underlying thing is making dollars and exploiting others to do it....here and around the world.
It's knowing who you are inside that keeps us all able to say, "no" to stuff like this. Do our children know who they are? I find they are over-programmed and never have quiet times where they can just be themselves...even young children can learn to meditate, say on a flower.
The domino effect can really make it hard for kids at school who 'give in'. Love is the antidote to all the disguises of evil...and there are many. Evil is a sneaky little devil.
It also makes me wonder what men will make of it. They don't get this as much as girls and women.
They also pay less for the exact same clothing..such as sweaters. I went to the men's department and bought a sweater, same make, size, colour, for $10.00 less. Why do they pick on us?
The world is 'uneven' in many things. So, being aware of what's going on is a help.
Do your churches there pay you more, or less than a male minister doing the same work?
I look to churches to be 'upright' in all things, but it's so convenient to be otherwise.
They say there's no rest for the wicked....even less for the righteous.
Post a Comment
<< Home